Wednesday, December 27, 2006

The Third Time

Today is the third time I have been alone with all three kids. A combination of family, holidays and an aquaintance of a friend who is training to be a post-partum doula means that even though Audrey is just over a month old, I have had tons of help. More than I want sometimes!

Today has gone a little better than the previous two times I had all three. I managed to put away a load of laundry (and there is one sitting in the washer and one in the dryer that I'm going to pretend don't exist...), I unloaded the dishwasher, made grilled cheese for lunch, paid a few bills, and planned dinner (I haven't actually started cooking it yet, and may not end up cooking it, but still, it's planned).

However, I haven't showered. Or brushed my teeth. Or my hair. And we won't even talk about the mascara that I didn't remove before bed last night.

And homeschool? What is that again? I don't think I can remember.

Still, I'm pretty encouraged by the progress we're making. By the time she's three months old I may be showered. The laundry may still be sitting in the washer and dryer, but hey, at least I won't stink!

No comments: