Sunday, January 7, 2007

No, it's not my New Year's Resolution...

But it is time to lose some weight. I told myself I would start the Monday after I hit the 6-week postpartum mark.

That is coming sooner than I'd like!

Of course, how I'm going to squeeze a workout in when most days I can't even squeeze a shower in, I don't know.

But it will add to the nose-tickling essence of spit-up and diapers that I carry with me now, won't it?

I still haven't quite decided on my game plan this time around.

Here's my weight loss history (because I know you want ALL the details, and besides actually putting these numbers out there is a reality check!)

I spent most of my college years around 145 pounds, which was perfectly fine, since I'm 5'8. I could have lost a few, and at times did, but I was comfortable.

Then I went to grad school.

And got engaged during grad school.

And planned a wedding during grad school.

And got married three days after I finished grad school, and was somewhere around 160 pounds. I didn't own a scale at the time, so I'm just judging by the number of times I thought, "All my pants have shrunk. I really need to quit drying them in the dryer."

By the end of my first year of marriage I was 186 pounds.

Then I got pregnant. After that I was 204.

A combination of Power 90 and Windsor Pilates videos and calorie-counting got me to 170 and then I got pregnant again. After that I was 212.

I got down to 196 with my videos again, and then Isaac was sent to Afghanistan and the kids and I moved in with my parents. Since we were getting all kinds of hazardous duty pay, I went on Nutrisystem and got a personal trainer, and in my spare time used the Couch to 5k running plan. And got down to 166.

Then my husband came home. And I got pregnant. And yesterday was the 6-week mark and I am 215.

Ultimately I'd like to be 150.

Which means I want to lose 65 pounds.

Let me just take a moment to ponder the enormous enormity of that number.

Ok. Since I have three children and my husband is back so I have someone to, you know, talk to and do stuff with in the evenings, I don't know when I'm going to find the time to exercise. I think I'm going to use these Billy Blanks Bootcamp dvd's I got last year but never used. But I'm also going to go check out a new gym around the corner. And I'll apply the eating principles I learned on Nutrisystem and probably count my calories, too.

*Sigh* Maybe I should go eat another chocolate chip hazelnut bagel before this all kicks in on Monday...of course, we're out of hazelnut cream cheese, so it just won't be the same...

No comments: