Friday, December 7, 2007

Souptacular!

It's A Soup-Tacular!


This is one of my favorite soups to make in winter! The colors make it very pretty which doesn't matter so much to my husband, he just likes the way it tastes.

White Bean Soup with Carrots

2 C dried white beans
1 T olive oil
1 large onion, sliced
6 cloves garlic, chopped
6 C vegetable stock
2 large carrots, sliced
1 T fresh sage (1/2 t dried)
1/8 t each salt and pepper

Boil beans 2 minutes, then remove from heat. Allow to soak for 1 hour or overnight. Drain and Rinse.

In 4qt pan, heat oil over medium heat. Add onion, garlic, and 2 T stock and sauté until onion is soft but not brown. Add carrots and sage and sauté 2 min more. Add beans and rest of stock and bring to a boil. Simmer partially covered 1 ½ hours or until beans are tender. For a thick soup, transfer 1 ½ C beans and veggies and ½ C liquid to food processor and puree until smooth. Return to soup and stir.

*You could also use chicken stock and add chicken if you want a soup with more protein!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This sounds like just the comfort food I'm needing right now...I think I'll get the ingrediants I need and make it for my in-laws tomorrow night. Thanks Christy! BTW - if I miss Isaac's home coming I wish you all the best!! I know they can be both extremely exciting and quite stressful. Savour the moment and remember not to sweat the small stuff!