daily specials

Family Friendly Blogroll []
nutritional info

life door prize

thinkingbloggerpf8

rgb1

BloggerReflectionAward

bloggerprincessaward

nice_award

 Subscribe in a reader

Subscribe with Bloglines

Design by Karen-Swank Web Style
Edits by Me
Coffee image from istockphoto

Friday, November 23, 2007

All the right reasons (part four)

People in my high school were aghast at the idea of me skipping my senior year.


But really, I had been to three proms already, and what fun are ditch day and other assorted activities when you don't like your friends?


I headed off to college without a single doubt.


Until I got there.


And then I was terrified.


I didn't know a single person, I couldn't find my way across campus, and what the heck was I doing going away to college when I was only 16 years old???


But I went to the dorm meet and greet and got invited to play volleyball. And there I met a boy that we'll call JC. And a boy that we'll call JT. Apparently I had met them both at the orientation during summer, but in the fog of terror and overwhelmedness in which I had gone through that weekend, I had only vague memories of cute college boys.


But now I was actually at college, and living in a dorm with cute college boys, and suddenly college was fun and not scary.


And obviously, I was there for all the right reasons.


You know, boys and fun.


But soon I turned 17 and I matured and added another reason to be at college.


Football.


*For parts one through three, click here.

1 comment:

Bethany said...

Oh yes. Football! I really miss college football. It's not the same at 28 as it was at 21. The kids block my view.