daily specials

Family Friendly Blogroll []
nutritional info

life door prize

thinkingbloggerpf8

rgb1

BloggerReflectionAward

bloggerprincessaward

nice_award

 Subscribe in a reader

Subscribe with Bloglines

Design by Karen-Swank Web Style
Edits by Me
Coffee image from istockphoto

Thursday, November 29, 2007

Divine Intervention (part seven)

When I went to college, I was ready for a little partying. My parents were very cruel strict wise and didn't allow us to go to parties in high school.

So once I was beyond their control, I went to Tijuana with a cousin and went bar-hopping. JT had become my standard for morality, having a Bible and knowing how to use it and all.

And he thought it sounded like fun.

I also started checking out the Greek system. I knew my parents couldn't afford for me to join a sorority, but a friend in my dorm did, and once she was in, we started making plans for me to go to a huge party with her.

But as I was walking down the hall to have her check out my wardrobe choice for the party that night, another friend was coming the opposite direction.

Pale, wrapped in a blanket, shivering, and so out of it that she didn't even notice me as she passed by and I called her name.

We ended up having to call emergency services and she and I rode in the back of a police car to the closest emergency room in the middle of the night somewhere in South Central Los Angeles.

You know, where the Rodney King Riots were.

Still, I think I was safer there than I would have been at that party.

And I have no doubt that God intervened to stop me from going down that bright, happy party path.


*This is part seven in a series. The rest is here.

1 comment:

Joyfulness said...

I am really enjoying this series too! Makes me realize how very little we knew each other in college. I'm sorry to miss that but very much enjoying getting to know you more now.