daily specials

Family Friendly Blogroll []
nutritional info

life door prize

thinkingbloggerpf8

rgb1

BloggerReflectionAward

bloggerprincessaward

nice_award

 Subscribe in a reader

Subscribe with Bloglines

Design by Karen-Swank Web Style
Edits by Me
Coffee image from istockphoto

Friday, November 30, 2007

If I'm not back soon, call Animal Control

Or David Arquette.

Or Jeff Daniels.

Because I need to go up into the attic, and I know with absolute certainty that there is some sort of freaky, giant, woman-eating spider that is going to get me.

And I don't know how to turn the light on up there.

Because we all know that turning the lights on keeps the bad things away.

Just like keeping your arms and legs on the bed and under the covers keeps the monsters that live under your bed from being able to get you.

And yes, I do realize that I'm 30 years old, and not, you know, 8, but I've been sleeping next to a pile of laundry instead of a man for the past five and a half months, so I am understandably twitchy about things that go bump in the night.

And things that build webs in the attic.

However, the man who belongs in my bed will not be back for another two weeks, and my children can not wait that long to decorate for Christmas. We absolutely must decorate thisverysecondrightnowpleasepleaseplease.

And so I am heroically making this sacrifice for my children.

I'm goin' up.

9 comments:

The Park Wife said...

Spiders freak me out, but not as bad as bats. Good luck!

Ange K said...

YOU CAN DO IT. I know you can. Courage, woman.

FrazzMom said...

You are a rock star!

Megan@SortaCrunchy said...

I agree with walk in the park - bats are MUCH worse than spiders. ICK to both, though.

Two weeks! I am so excited for you guys!!

Alyson said...

If you can handle a black widow in your car...you can handle anything. I still get shivers just thinking about that!

2 weeks...2 2 weeks...yay!

Dareth said...

The sacrifices we make for our children :)

Congratulations on his exciting return!

Anonymous said...

I can SO identify with not wanting to decorate for Christmas...the Navy just moved us 'cross country, and hubby won't be here for Christmas...what's a woman to do?!? Good luck in the attic!

Mary@notbefore7 said...

Thanks for the book recommendation!

Hope you made it up and back safely!!!!

Michelle said...

What a good mom you are! Cause there is no way Id be up in the attic! I wish I could just get out in the garage and get our decorations out . . . maybe this weekend!