daily specials

Family Friendly Blogroll []
nutritional info

life door prize

thinkingbloggerpf8

rgb1

BloggerReflectionAward

bloggerprincessaward

nice_award

 Subscribe in a reader

Subscribe with Bloglines

Design by Karen-Swank Web Style
Edits by Me
Coffee image from istockphoto

Saturday, January 12, 2008

Scenes from New Orleans

We've been spending a lot of time in New Orleans since Isaac came back from deployment. I've been practicing my photography and photoshop skills. Here are a few of my favorites.

The doors of Preservation Hall, famous for its jazz.


One of my favorite street performers.


A tomb in St Louis Cemetary #1.


St Louis Cemetary #1. I've never seen the movie before, but I'm told this tomb was in Easy Rider, and because of that movie, Catholic cemetaries no longer allow filming in New Orleans.

Breakfast at Brennan's, the creators of Banans Foster. Some day this boy will get married and when his wife asks him to cook, he'll say, "All I know how to cook is Bananas Foster."

And she will praise the Lord.

4 comments:

Laura Paxton said...

Awesome pictures! Thanks for sharing!

Heidi said...

great pictures Christy!

Jen said...

Wow - those are fantastic! My favourites are the door and the tom with the yellow flower - beautiful :-) You should post pics more often!

Lisa said...

Amazing photos! I just showed them to my husband, and he felt a bit homesick!