Monday, July 9, 2007

yawn...sigh...

WARNING...much wallowing and self-pity ahead!

I've been trying really hard to think of something funny or even light-hearted to write about, but I'm dry.

I feel like the life has been sucked right out of me.

Right now my ideal day would be to sleep in as late as I possibly could, then get up, move to the couch and read and watch tv until it was time for a nap. Then wake up, read and watch tv, and then go to bed.

In short, completely lazy and self-centered.

With a lot of chocolate.

I know a lot of this is post-company let-down. My mom was here for a week, so I had help and company. Now that she's gone, everything just seems like so much effort.

Plus, it feels like my husband has been gone FOR-E-VER, yet it hasn't even been a month yet.

*sigh*

We don't even have any chocolate in the house...

8 comments:

Ange K said...

I feel like that on some normal days, so I think you're doing better than you realize. ;-)

Anonymous said...

Do I need to mail a batch of brownies your way?

You're in my thoughts and prayers, Chrissy

Anonymous said...

I'm so sorry that you are feeling down. Hope your day brightens soon.
Michelle
raisinglittlewomen

Anonymous said...

Aghh. I don't know which is worse.. not having your hubby around or no chocolate in the house!! Both can be to hard to handle sometimes.

Just trying to make you smile a little :-).

Wish I lived a little closer. I would bake you a pan or brownies and rush it over.

Sounds like a trip to McDonald's for some happy meals and a mid day Hot Fudge Sundae are in order.

Hugs and Kisses sent your way!

missy said...

I agree with the first commenter, I deal with that regularly and I am not even facing all the issues that you are!

Try not to get on yourself too hard. Are your kids fed? Did they get changed today? Is there milk in the house? If you could answer yes to all these questions, you are golden. Don't sweat the rest right now! You are entitled to days like this, we all are.

Now go buy some chocolate. A lot of it. Stock up, for goodness sake! One can never have too much chocolate in the house for emergencies, know what I mean?? :)

Bethany said...

Okay, I totally understand about the chocolate...and I'm proud of you for not having it in the house! I'll have to think of some healthy snack to bake you and bring to you! :D

I'm sorry you're feeling down. I'm not going to even pretend I understand what you are going through...but I know it's tough. I also know you are going to make it through. I'll be sure to keep you and yours in my prayers.

Megan@SortaCrunchy said...

I think you are so right that part of it is recovering from having someone to help. Plus, it's hot! There are many, many summer days I feel the same way - even in the best of circumstances. Feel free to whine away; if you can't whine on your own blog, where can ya?

Praying for you, mama!

Unknown said...

I hope your bad day got better. I know how you feel, girl! Mine is home now but leaving again later this year.

Hugs!!