Wednesday, July 18, 2007

The magic words

So today I discovered that Home Depot really does appreciate it when you use the magic words.

But they aren't "please" and "thank you" no matter what The Backyardigans sing.

No, the magic words for Home Depot are "baby" and "health hazard."

As soon as I said that, they were all about coming out today to try and fix my sink, instead of maybe tomorrow or whenever their contractors had time.

Wouldn't the world be so much nicer if people really did respond to please and thank you?

4 comments:

Michelle said...

your story makes me feel so bad for you! But I am glad that it is all working out for the better!

Megan@SortaCrunchy said...

I am so glad you were able to get their attention! Let us know what happens.

Anonymous said...

You go girl! It's a shame that those were the words you had to use, but it got their attention.

Wishing you a beautiful week!!

Mary@notbefore7 said...

UGH! It is so frustrating to have to do that, but you HAVE to sometimes. I am so glad they are gong to come take care of it!