Friday, July 20, 2007

I have a dishwasher!!!

And I have no idea how it is possible but somehow the new dishwasher- which is exactly the same size and fits in the same space as my old one- holds about 14,000 more dishes.

And the top rack raises and lowers and there are things that attach and detach and fold over, and it brings me joy and fills my kitchen with light and happiness just to look at it.

It does not, however, bring me joy to see the scratch/chip that somehow got put in my cupboard. I've had three phone conversations about it today, the original guy who came out is coming back next week to look at it, and you can bet that Home Depot is getting a visit by me in person.

I'll keep you updated about that.

And I know you'll all just be on the edge of your seats until this drama plays out.

I hope you can sleep what with all the excitement and new developments going on.

But hey, at least it got rid of my blogger's block!

4 comments:

Megan@SortaCrunchy said...

Oh HOORAY!! So relieved that your kitchen is back to normal - an even better normal it sounds like. Color me jealous - our dishwasher is ancient and is about as pleasant to listen to as a dumptruck plowing through the house. I bet your new dishwasher is all nice and quiet, too, right?

Enjoy it, mama!

Bethany said...

Yay! I know that you're experience has been crazy. I hope they settle everything for you soon! Sheesh!

But a dishwasher. I'm in awe! I'm jealous! Oh the quirks of hundred year old homes! But I'm happy for you! :D

Unknown said...

a diswasher?

That's quite a thing!

Unknown said...

I'd love to know what brand your dishwasher is because I'm in the market for a new one! :)