daily specials

Family Friendly Blogroll []
nutritional info

life door prize

thinkingbloggerpf8

rgb1

BloggerReflectionAward

bloggerprincessaward

nice_award

 Subscribe in a reader

Subscribe with Bloglines

Design by Karen-Swank Web Style
Edits by Me
Coffee image from istockphoto

Friday, February 9, 2007

Sweet Little Lies

Ok, I will admit that it was really cute when I found a pile of toys hiding under a blanket in Chloe's baby doll crib.

(And this was after I had found them in her dirty laundry basket, before which they were in the living room.)

When I asked her why she put them there, she said, "I was being sneaky!" Which would have been terribly sweet if not for All The LIES that she has been telling lately.

The other day, Chloe got in trouble for stuffing everything that was on her floor into her closet and then proceeding to lie about it several times. It was her first outright LIE.

But apparently not her last.

Four out of five days this week she has been relegated to her room to clean it up properly. You'd think she'd have learned by now that it doesn't work, but there was that cute little pile, all snuggled up with Bitty Baby.

And short of throwing away everything that she sneaks into the wrong spot, I'm just not sure what to do anymore.

And on top of it, I'm just plain sad that she's beginning to lose the innocence of childhood.

Really, I think that's what I'm most unsure what to do about.

1 comment:

Hanley Family said...

Oh...they are sweet in their sin, aren't they? Or at least they can be. I *think* it will all be fine. They kind of experiment with that for awhile, and so long as you are consistent, it should lessen over time.

We don't throw toys away, but they will get boxed and put away for periods of time. For a day or up to a week depending on the age.